Portland is a free WordPress theme from Themelark, perfect for folks who want to display their portfolios in a clean and attractive way, but it’s more than just a portfolio theme. Portland is a great homepage for your business or blog. Portland has lots of options for customization and it’s flexible enough for just about any purpose.
Quick Setup Guide
- Download, Install and activate the theme
- You will see a notice after activating to install “Symple Shortcodes”, we recommend it, but it’s not a requirement for this theme to function properly
- Create a new page to be used for your homepage and select the “Homepage” template.
- Go to Settings->Reading and set this new page as the static homepage option. Leave where it says “Posts page:” empty (so it says – Select – )
- Create a new page and select the “Blog” template, this will display all your standard posts.
- Click on “Slides” on the left of your dashboard to create your homepage slider. Each post is 1 slide and the “featured image” is what is used for the slide image.
- Click on “Portfolio” on the left of your dashboard to create your portfolio items. Be sure to set a featured image for each one or they won’t display on your site.
- Click on “Features” on the left of your dashboard. These are used to create those columns you see under the slider on the demo homepage.
- Go to Settings->Theme Options. Here you will find a few options for your theme.
- Enjoy! And don’t forget to send me tweet @evowpthemes telling me how much you love this theme!